Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- All counselling sessions cost $150 and run for 50 minutes.
- All fees must be paid at the time of consultation. Medicare rebates can be processed onsite at the time of payment and the rebate is generally processed back into your account overnight.
- Payment can be in cash, EFTPOS or by credit card, or prior to the session by direct bank transfer.
- Cancellation policy - I am aware that difficulties arise unexpectedly sometimes, and it happens to me sometimes too.
- I require at least 48 hours notice if you need to change your scheduled appointment, as it is often difficult to refill a session at the last minute.
- If less than 48 hrs notice is given or you forget to attend your appointment, then the full fee payment of $150 will be required.
- This charge cannot be passed on to Medicare, you will have to pay this fee directly.
- My fee is substantially less than the Australian Association of Social Workers recommended rate of $240 per hour.
- Information for client's about - Accredited Mental Health Social Workers.
- Information for GP's about - Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
- As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, I am able to provide mental health services where a part of the fee can be claimed through Medicare.
- You will need to speak to your GP or Psychiatrist about your concerns and see if you are eligable for a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). Some GP's prefer you to book a long session to discuss this. They will then need to refer you to me with a letter.
- Then contact me to briefly describe your situation and arrange your first appointment.
- To claim a rebate, you must bring with you to your first appointment the doctors referral letter and the MHCP registered through Medicare.
- You may receive 10 sessions every calendar year under this plan. Initially you get 6 sessions, then after a GP review you may be eligible to access another 4.
- You are entitled to a $74.80 Medicare rebate off the $150 fee, this means you pay $75.20 as a co-payment.
- Information about the - "Better Access to Mental Health Initiative" and Medicare
- If you or someone close to you has been negatively affected by a crime in NSW (domestic violence, sexual abuse etc.), then you may be eligible for free counselling as compensation.
- I am an approved counsellor of The Victims Services Approved Counselling Scheme. This is a support service provided by the NSW Department of Justice.
- For an application form click here
- Information about the Victims Services Approved Counselling Scheme
- I am a Registered Service Provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Participants/carers with an approved support plan can access my services.
- I am registered to provide 'Therapeutic Supports' and 'Early Intervention Supports for Early Childhood'.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Subsidised counselling may be available to you through your employer.
- Often workplaces contract an independent organisation to provide EAP support to staff. Their contact details are often provided for you to contact directly and discretely. Otherwise speak to your manager or HR and ask if they provide EAP support.
- The EAP organisations I contract to are Access EAP, Gryphon EAP and Acacia Connection.
- Sometimes employers allow you to choose your counsellor and reimburse you for a set amount of sessions.
- You can now claim rebates for counselling sessions if you are a Member of Teachers Health, UniHealth & Nurses and Midwives Health Fund.
- Rebates may apply for other Private Health Funds. Speak with your health fund to see what rebates apply for you.
Steve Marriott provides counselling and psychotherapy services to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents who live in Bangalow, Byron Bay, Ballina, Mullumbimby, Lismore and surrounding areas, or online.